OIC TODAY honors two of the most prestigious awards in the Muslim world.
The Jewels of the Muslim World Award is presented to celebrate the success of 10 movers and shakers from around the Muslim world, and to recognize their contributions to the development of the Islamic economy. Among last year’s recipients have been:
• HIS EXCELLENCY DR MUFTI ISMAIL MUSA MENK – Grand Mufti of Zimbabwe
• YANG AMAT BERBAHAGIA DATO PROFESSOR IR DR. KAMAL NASHARUDDIN MUSTAPHA – Vice Chancellor of Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Malaysia
• HIS EXCELLENCY SAID BIN SALEH AL KIYUMI – Chairman of Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Sultanate of Oman
• HIS EXCELLENCY MOHAMMAD REZA DAYANI – President/CEO of Entekhab Investment Development Group, Iran.
The Muslim World Rania Award will be presented for the second year to acknowledge the active participation of women in all walks of life in the Muslim world. The awarded women are selected based on the record of excellence and accomplishment they have attained in their respective industries. Among last year’s recipients have been:
• YBHG. DATUK MOHAIYANI SHAMSUDIN – Chairman of Maybank Berhad, Malaysia
• MADAM SEYEDAH FATEMAH MOGHIMI – Managing Director of Sadidbar International Transportation Co, Iran
• YANG AMAT BERBAHAGIA TAN SRI DATO SERI PROFESSOR EMERITA DR SHARIFAH HAPSAH SHAHABUDIN – President of the National Council of Women’s Organisations and Senior Consultant at the Prime Minister’s Department, Malaysia
• MADAM SIBEL ERASLAN – Renowned Journalist & Writer, Republic of Turkey
• YANG AMAT BERBAHAGIA DATO JAMELAH A.BAKAR – Chairman of A&W and Director of KUB, Malaysia